Hermitage Bay is not just a lovely resort, it's an entire experience full of superlatives.
This was my first time to Antigua and Hermitage Bay begins with their reps meeting us at the airport and then quickly passing the long lines at immigration to get us to the front with the wave of a hand. Nice way to start!
At the resort, the highlight is the white sand beach and bay which are postcard perfect. The view is one of azure waters and shorelines entirely undeveloped and pristine. Even with a full resort, it was quiet and private. Fresh melons are served on the beach and cold water in ice buckets are offered soon after you hit the lounge. Never asked. They just appear. The hillside suites are marvels. And the views from the plunge pool over the waters and hills is pure bliss. In the evenings the cool trade winds breeze inside our suite through the shutters and we never used the air conditioning at night.
But for me, the highlight is the staff. Hermitage Bay is marked by genuine hospitality and each person exudes this real love of being there. I don't remember everyone's names, but Rachel, Vera, Stoney, Anthony ...all of you are just very decent people. Attentive, cheery and efficient and within a day, first names all round.
We loved the breakfasts and light lunches by the bar. Evenings we enjoyed excellent dinners.
Yes expensive, but exactly what you are paying for and you get full value for an idyllic island escape in a lush, tropical setting with first class service and people.
Definitely one of my favorite places.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay Hotel
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua
- Hermitage Bay Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The intimate, privately-owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 25 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a sort of members-only exclusivity and "sensation of belonging" as if the hotel was built for a select few. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 8 beach cottages features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 hillside pool suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.