My friend and I decided to stay in Alishan for one night while we were on vacation in Taiwan. We were looking for a place to stay and came across Ho Fong Villa Hotel. When we arrived there at 2:00 p.m., there was no one at the counter and we finally found out that the counter was next door at Gao Shan Qing hotel.
The lady at the reception was rude and unhelpful and she snapped at us saying that check-in was only at 3:00 p.m. and so we left our luggage in the lobby.
- 2 single beds with 4 pillows
- Shampoo and soap provided
- Hot water jug provided (there is a drinking water fountain at the end of the corridor for hot and cold water)
- TV, hairdryer, air-conditioner and heater
- Breakfast included
Price of the room:
- NT$ 2800 (approximately USD 90) per room - prices are subjected to change
- Location: near to visitor's information centre
- Unfriendly reception staff
- Dark dingy corridors with no lights
- Extremely small rooms with barely any space for luggage. My friend and I had to "tango" to get around the room =,=" due to its space
- The room is extremely cold (10 degrees outside) and the heater will not come on unless the temperature drops till 8 degrees (Please note: for some of you this may not be a problem as you come from a four seasons country)
- Unable to connect to the wifi and reception staff unwilling to help
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: HOT WATER IS ONLY AVAILABLE FROM 4:00p.m. to 8:00 a.m... ANYTIME AFTER THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOWER IN COLD WATER (believe me, this is no fun when the temperature is 10 degrees)
- TV remote had no working batteries
Overall, I will not stay in this hotel if I come back to Alishan.... This hotel is just not worth it! There are so many other hotels in the same area!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms and Agoda so you can book your Ho Fong Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.