1. Nice earthy feeling all over the resort and the mountain at the backdrop is sooo good. Feels very much close to nature
2. Rooms are very very spacious and the earth rooms can accommodate more than 4 people. i really liked the construction using red soil...aptly named red earth..
3. Excellent Service . People at the resort are ready to help you . They are like waiting for your orders and are happy to serve :)
1. Having setup a resort in such a great location overlooking the mountain, none of the rooms have balconies where you can sit and watch. If you want to have the view of the mountain , you have to come out of room and go to the resort entrance, then you can get the view of the mountain. There are no chairs for you to sit. so you need to stand and watch the mountain . (BTW i'm a nature lover and i just love to look at nature and gaze for hours.)
PS: Only couple of rooms in the earth room category can give you the mountain view thru the window glass. Room #106 and #107 if i'm right. Also i think the log hut has a balcony that may give you the mountain view, you may better check before you book
2. Being a south indian and a mallu, i was shocked to taste the food there. There were hardly any south indian food and few of the food they served like Appam and other dishes were horrible. Since we stayed for 2 days and after day 1 , i had to find alternative food for my parents. We went 20km to the nearest town manathavady and had food from one restaurant. Having said that the north indian dishes (most of the guests seems to be from northern part) was good and i hope westerners also may be able to enjoy food here. So to summarize, if you are a hardcore south indian then forget visiting this place unless resort ppl takes this feedback and does some magic
We also had a 1.5 yr baby with us . She refused to drink the milk served from the resort. Realizing the taste of the milk served in the resort was odd, i went to the nearest town and brought few packets milk and asked the restaurant ppl to boil and give it to us. Baby started having milk again
PS: (Actually i have given lower rating because of food. Otherwise i would have rated 4/5)
3. Though the place and the rooms were neatly maintained, the wardrobe inside our room had fungus and it was smelling bad. We did not use it and they gave another furniture to keep the things.
4. The approach road to the resort from Sultan Bathery (40-45 km stretch) is not good, especially the last 2 km leading to the resort. It took more than 1.5 hrs to reach the resort from sulthan bathery . (We were traveling in a santro and i'm a slow driver)
5. There are no much activities that you can do in the resort. After Day1 , i was feeling a bit bored. I thought of spending some time in the waterfalls but because of summer , the water was very very less and it was not enjoyable.
6. Please do not think about visiting other tourist spots staying in this resort. The resort is quite far from many tourist spots (Banasura Dam could be the only closest spot) and you will end up spending most of your time in traveling to and fro. Also speaking with one of the receptionist staff , he guided us to the thirunelli temple in the evening. While traveling we realized that the temple route is a lonely stretch thru the forest and there were absolutely no traffic and not advisable to travel alone especially in the evenings. So driving half way thru the temple route, we came back as it was getting dark. It was a total waste of time and energy . Had the receptionist told us this upfront, we would not have traveled that day evening.
PS: In case you wish to travel to near by places, please ask a local cab at the resort. Not advisable to drive alone as the routes and people on roads can mislead you :) We had a similar incident where people on roads were guiding us to the dam instead of the resort and we were going in circles in the night.
Overall when i look back , i think it was not a great trip ..
- Also Known As:
- Banasura Hill Resort Kalpetta, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread across 35 acres of verdant terrain and tucked away at an altitude of 3500 feet above sea level, Banasura Hill Resort has earth rooms, twin villas and suites. It is set amidst the mesmerizing mist-clad hills of Wayanad in the Malabar region of Kerala, India. Nature plays the perfect host and the ambience that the resort exudes is irresistibly appealing to every lover of Nature. Set against the bewitching backdrop of the Banasura Hill, this resort is for the discerning traveler who looks for a more enriching experience than a mere vacation. Your holiday in Kerala will be incomplete without spending quality time at this luxurious eco-resort that places as much importance on taking care of the environment as it places on taking care of its guests.At Banasura, the emphasis is on providing that little extra care that makes every guest feel pampered. The attention that Banasura Hill Resort pays to detail is evident in every aspect of hospitality, from the courteous but unobtrusive staff, to the quality of the furnishings and fixtures and the authenticity of the cuisine. What Banasura offers you is an aura of luxury and comfort in a resort that is small enough to be intimate and homely, but spacious and expansive enough to let you feel absolutely unconfined.Constructed using earth architecture, the resort has a unique rustic look, yet offers the best in luxury and comfort, and is truly "Heaven made of Earth."Come to this luxurious, romantic hideout for a holiday to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Banasura Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.