I am a Travel Agent in Brisbane, and have stayed in 244 Hotels, in 105 Cities, in 39 Countries. Including 8 other properties in Phuket. So I feel that I am in a good position to know the difference between a good and not so good hotel or resort.
Upon our arrival at Phuket Airport, the pre-booked Hotel Limo was waiting for us, and within 30 minutes we were walking into the lobby. Check-in was hassle free, friendly and efficient. We were in luck, as our 10.00am arrival meant that we may have had to wait until 2.00pm, but the room was available and we got it straight away.
We had booked a beach-front Studio Suite, for 7 nights, at the beginning of April. There are only 7 of these, and they are literally on the beach. Off the raised sundeck and straight on to the beach! The suite was spacious, well appointed, and very comfortable. The standout for us was the ample hanging space and drawers to put one's clothes away. Many 5 Star hotels and resorts we have stayed in have been lacking in this department.
The bathroom was huge, double vanities, huge bath, separate shower and separate toilet. There were all the bathroom amenities that one would expect from a property of this class. The only fault we could find, also mentioned in other Trip Advisor reports, were that the bath towels and hand towels were all really showing their age. Very thin and worn. One would expect thick fluffy towels in a place like this.
Much has been written about the beach itself, we can only add that it is spectacular. Previous Trip Advisor reports have been quite scathing when it comes to the lack of sun beds on the beach, and the early morning pre-booking of these sunbeds by people who then just disappear for the day. This has obviously now been rectified. We were staying over the Easter break, with the hotel running at 100% occupancy,and there was never a shortage of sun beds on the beach, all with beach umbrellas. Not once in the 7 days were all the sun beds occupied.
We ate in all three restaurants, the stand out for Thai food was Lomtalay. Excellent food in quality and size of the portions. Breakfast is also served in this restaurant, which again was excellent. We ate our lunches at the Beach Restaurant, as our Suite was already on the beach, so didn't have to tackle any steps in the heat of the day. We thought the overall service experience in the restaurants was very good, but not exceptional.
We cannot comment on the pool-side service as we never ventured there. We spent our days on our own sundeck, with sunbeds and umbrella, outside our suite.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay, and certainly would have no qualms in recommending this property. Yes, there are a lot of steps to tackle, but then this is quite common in many of Phuket's resorts. If one can afford it, we would highly recommend a beach-front suite.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Phuket
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Cherngtalay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.