We splurged for a special occasion (30th Wedding Anniversary) and stayed at The Shore for 4 nights. The most we had every paid to stay in hotels or resorts was US$300 per night so this was a real splurge for which we felt we did not get our monies worth. Unfortunately for us, even though we explained it was a special occasion and we asked for a room with a great view, we got one with a tree in front of us that obscured our view (see photos added to TA). They were fully booked so we could not move. I think they should offer the villas behind trees at a cheaper rate. At around US$800 per night it is not the average cost of a hotel and puts it in the luxury bracket so for that price we wanted a unobstructed view and a bit more service. The resort was opened in April last year and it is already showing signs of needing repairs.
Positives: Freestanding Villa, large rooms and spaces, infinity pool, alfresco outdoor area, great bathroom, good water pressure in shower, separate toilet, good facilities in the villa, great clean white sandy beach, good restaurants and facilities at Katathani (sister resort next door), Spa treatments great but highly priced for Phuket, electric car transport anywhere around the resort and down to Katathani, Wi Fi in the room.
Negatives: More attention to detail required in cleaning - our tiled toilet still had the grout film all over the tiles and needed cleaning properly, black mould in shower and toilet, sliding glass door tracks from bathroom to alfresco area rusty making doors hard to slide, arm chairs in villa were uncomfortable, ants and bugs in villa for which it would have been nice to have a can of insect spray, balustrades around villa rusting. Restaurant - only one restaurant and it is all open air, would be nice to have an air-conditioned choice in the very humid weather. Buffet breakfast laid out in open air restaurant with flies on the food. At one breakfast we saw a bird fly in and peck at the bread which a staff member saw and shooed the bird away. The staff member did not remove the piece of bread from the display that the bird had pecked at. YUK.
It is a shame that in 12 months that things are deteriorating at this resort and I believe at US$800 per night it is overpriced.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.