I chose this place as it had lots to do & on web, it promised a lot of new things. Well somewhere wanted to give an experience to my son who like so many kids in Metro is fixated on Gadgets & Glad I took this trip. I saw my son and my Dad do things I have never seen them do in my 35 years. (Review is a little long but elaborate). River trail is a memory to cherish for a lifetime.
To give an elaborate Review for River Trail, Let me categorize this entire trip in points that one would ideally consider before taking the trip or while taking the trip….
1. Destination: Would surely freeze on Destination. Place of Interest
2. Transport: How convenient and Cost effective it is going to be.
3. Stay: Place where you going to stay. Should be suitable for all
4. Food: Should be well taken care off. Hygienic
5. Booking and Response: Is the booking convenient and are they responsive?
6. To Do or Sight Seeing: Are there enough places to see or rather is it quite enough Based on liking
7. Budget: With all the best facilities, is it making a huge dent in your pocket or its just about right.
8. Lastly the X factor: Varies for each destination and each place. This is something that decides, are you going to come back here again.
So Now to elaborate more on the above points, and keeping the focus on River trail (Honestly No other Option besides that)
1. Destination: Chose Kolad for the reason that wanted to have a quick vacation for my Son. Missed the entire 2 months and wanted to make up for it. Kolad promised lots of Adventure sports and some quality time doing things together. Natural Beauty did its bit to get us looking for more.
2. Transport: Kolad suited best as the journey only took 3 hrs from South Mumbai. Also we could just drive in our car without having to look for additional modes of transport. With petrol Prices rising, Only had to do full tank once and yet managed to come back with almost half tank back in our SX4. Big Plus point.
3. Stay: Checked out various websites, and third party Reviews. River trail got no. 1 ranking and rightly so as it had all the ingredients for being no. 1 right from the word GO. Also what worked in their favor was they were the only ones without a negative remark on third party sites and They were the only ones who responded to the comments on these sites. Makes a huge plus as have not seen many doing this. We got a Safari Cottage which is by itself a unique concept and has basic amenities. Loved the open wall concept. Rooms were neat and tidy, however since this is a Jungle and rooms are open wall, there are few frogs for company but nothing harmful, rather adds to the charm of the place. Mind you that this is true to its word for Eco Camp. No ACs, No Fridge, No TV and No Loud Music. Should stick to this to maintain the eco feel.
4. Food: Excellent food. We reached at 2 pm on a Friday and were hungry. Food is all freshly prepared as the kitchen does not have Fridge. Its hygienic and home-made food. Great taste & Sufficient qty. Must mention Mangesh who cooks the meals with help from Gajanan and Pawar. Great guys.
5. Booking and Response: Very conveniently done. Had worked out a deal with back office (Pradnya), whom I called several times with queries but she managed the calls well and also arranged for the payment to be picked. I was reluctant to pay 100% advance the first time but liked the concept of not having to spend even a penny once at the camp. Great Response as on the day of Travel, Brijesh from Rivertrail called us proactively to guide us and was always on call to help us reach safely. This was a welcome else wud surely be lost.
6. Activities: This is dependent on what you looking for. For us, the entire family had something to do. Be it adventure, Nature, playtime or just laze in a hammock. I had my parents, my sister, My wife and my son along with me. While I with my wife, son and sister thoroughly enjoyed the activities such as Kayaking, River crossing, River swimming, Coconut tree climbing, Night trails, Rappelling, etc. My parents enjoyed the nature and the quite surrounding with some of their own adventure on Mangoes trees. Must mention Brijesh, Deipeesh, Nilesh and Rupesh for the importance of safety they follow with great company as well. Deipeesh also happens to play guitar and sing during Barbeque nite and he is good too. This is an experience as well. Best part the activities are part of the package so no extra charges for everything. This was the biggest plus for this place and loved this concept.
7. Budget: Well for 6 people including my son it worked out within the range of 5 thousand including everything for a 3 day and 2 night trip. This included travel, stay, food, activities and any other expense. This is a feel good factor for me.
8. The X-factor: Every place has its own X-factor and for River trail, it’s the warmth of its staff who according to me are their biggest assets. We felt like a family right from the moment we arrived at rivertrail and till the time we left. Infact we bid our goodbyes with all of them coming to drop us till the jetty. I will surely go back to this place in winters, if not for the place itself than for the friends we made there. Must thank and mention the entire staff Pradnya, Brijesh, Deipesh, Mangesh, Rupesh, Nilesh, Pawar, Gajanan along with kids (Pramod, Manoj and Raj) who became my sons good friends and ensured he had a good time. Our protectors Moti and lalu along with the Manya. They all are responsible for making this an amazing experience for me and my family.
Note: A cooler would be a welcome idea in some of the rooms for summers and 1 Refrigerator in the Kitchen would be a big addition to an otherwise a perfect Eco Camp.
- Also Known As:
- Rivertrail Eco Camp Hotel Kolad
- Rivertrail Eco Camp Hotel
- Rivertrail Eco Camp Kolad, Maharashtra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Rivertrail Eco Camp, kolad's oldest eco adventure lodge, you can enjoy Kayaking trails, Canoeing, River Crossing, Surf Boarding, Raft rides, White water rafting, Coconut tree climbing, Treks to perennial waterfalls,fort treks, Pottery, Farming,bullock cart rides, wildlife interactive programs and more! Over 35,000 travellers have been to Rivertrail since its inception in 2004. ... more less