Just come back from Goa for the first time, stayed at the Bogmallo Beach resort. On arrival at the airport was a bit strange as this an air base used for tourist and as you can expect security is very very strict. On arrival at the hotel the night manager was very helpful and the porter took us to our room. The room was fine, we stayed on the fourth floor however my advice is to try and get either the 5 or 6 floor as you can get a really good view of the setting sun and the bay which is excellent. This might be rated 5 star by Indian standards however I would put it at a 3 / 4 star. I am by no way complaining but Ive stayed at proper 5 star places and this is not quite their. The hotel is very clean everywhere and the staff walk over broken glass to assist you, albiet a bit slow sometimes, but thats Goa itself, I think. I can honestly say I never had a bad meal in any resturant / beach eatery I visited, as everything is cooked from fresh. The surf and turf at the Creek behind Joets is to die for. Bogmallo is a Goan secret because every person I met have been there many times over. You have to understand this is India and sometimes the outside space can be a bit dirty, but if you can get your head around that its a nice place. As for the money required I think you loose sight of reality because everything is so cheap, even handmade suits are only £ 90.00 each. Dont take anything niced to wear because everyone just wears shorts, flip flops and t-shirts.
The only downside from the UK to Goa is a killer, but other than that its a fine place for a decent holiday which I would recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Bogmallo Beach Hotel Bogmalo
- Hotel Bogmallo Beach
- Bogmalo Beach Resort
- Bogmallo Beach Hotel
- Bogmalo Beach Resort Goa
- Bogmallo Beach Resort Goa/Bogmalo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bogmallo Beach Resort, one of the very first luxury 5 star resorts in Goa is nestled on the secluded white sands of Bogmalo beach (Goa - INDIA) and is located just 10 minutes from the airport. The resort boasts of 126 rooms well appointed sea facing rooms and 15 luxury sea facing cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Bogmallo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.