This was primarily for a conference. My wife accompanied me. We stayed in two different types of rooms. One was Classic and the other was Deluxe. The latter had direct access to the beach.
All rooms were well appointed. Services are prompt, warm, friendly (normally 5 star resorts are devoid of them). Spa facilities are very good, at par with some of the best we have used in India and elsewhere. I found senior management quite approachable and friendly. They were willing to interact with customers and take feedback.
Conference participants had some problems and they were sorted rather efficiently to their surprise.
Another differentiating factor is that this hotel is spread out while most other 5 star hotels tend to be tall.. but this one... you need to be there to know what i mean.. its both high
The food was good too across cuisines and a variety of restaurants. They even allowed us near the kitchen! They are so amazingly confident. A real pleasure....
I also liked the part that they had given access to local people on Sao Jao festival to have fun. We could witness what it means to be a Goan by sharing a few moments with them in one of their most revered festivals.
It has some amazing views from the deck, and in the monsoons it looked amazing.
Agar monsoon mein Goa nahin dekha, to kuchh nahin dekha...
If I have to choose one beach resort, this would be it.
In short -- FOR (in no particular order)
1) Amazing views - from the room, balcony, deck,
-- not really any
- Also Known As:
- Cidade De Goa Beach Hotel Vainguinim
- Cidade De Goa
- Cidade De Goa Beach Hotel
- Cidade Goa Beach Resort
- Hotel Cidade De Goa Beach
- Cidade De Goa Beach Resort Vainguinim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect beachfront hideaway awaits you and your family at Cidade de Goa. Just 10 minutes from the capital Panjim, this 40 acre haven encompasses Goan hospitality at its finest. Here, you’ll enjoy a world of personal attention and luxury with gourmet cuisines, enticing entertainment, thrilling watersports and lots more. Cidade’s accommodation includes every possible 5-star amenity, with well appointed interiors, exclusive spaces and great sea views. Connoisseurs will appreciate the fine dining choices with 6 specialty and multi-cuisine restaurants, each with a unique flavour of cuisines. The poolside and lobby bars are also great for relaxing and spending time with friends. At Cidade, there’s always so much to do with water sports, beach games, indoor activities and the latest in gaming at Goldfinger, the 24 hour casino. Pavitra – Ayurveda Spa provides age-old treatments to soothe your mind and body, while Clube Saude offers Swedish body massages as well as advanced fitness equipment. Cidade also has a state-of-the-art Business Centre, meeting halls and the latest conferencing equipment. Come, experience the best that Goa has to offer at Cidade de Goa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Cidade de Goa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.