Thank you to everyone on here...I hardly needed to ask a question since most of you already had them answered thru the search function. I have learned:
1) It will rain....all day every day
2) The streets are filled will drug smugglers who will kill me shortly after I land
3) Use neither pesos or dollars but ancient spanish doubloons are widely accepted
4) Thimble jelly fish will kill me seconds after contact
5) Never tip...the resort staff are all independtly wealthy and do their job because they love us so much...if you must tip the maids love american coins neatly stacked in a row.
Did I miss anything? Thanks again!