This B & B gave my daughter and I an overview of Harlem and New York City on the Cheap. The rooms were cleaned daily, towels provided and the owner Felicia gave us a map, mapped out our tour and explained the Subway system. I would stay again but remember these things....Felicia has a lot of guests and sometimes forgets.... More
- Also Known As:
- The New York Renaissance Home Hotel New York City
- The New York Renaissance Home Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say that is were the "Heart is" and the New York Renaissance Bed and breakfast is your answer to home away from home. From the moment you arrive "Hospitality and service is what we are known for and is what you can expect. If you are in New York City for business, a romantic weekend getaway or a cozy overnight stay with family or friends, we have affordable accommodations that that won't stress your budget.Located 5 minutes from Time Square in the Hamilton Heights Historical District of Manhattan, you can do what your heart desires. From sightseeing, Broadway, Shopping, museums, Yankees games, Madison Square Gardens and Rockefeller Center. Staying at "The New York Renaissance Home" is your access to all the convenience of New York City. The New York Renaissance Home was built in 1904 by the architectural firm of Neville & Bagge. The house and homes in this area were second summer homes for fashionable, wealthy and the elite of New York City. These summer retreats were the perfect escape from the scorching city summers. The Great Depression caused the current owners to become bankrupt and the summer home was repossessed. It had seen many owners between from the Great depression to the early 1970's. It was left untouched for decades until it was bought by its current owner. The current owner felt compelled to buy and revamp the house, turning it recently into a bed and breakfast. The dedication of this owner to the House shines through in all corners of the house. From its individualized room decorations to the beautiful front stoop and double deck back yards to the delicious meals offered in the morning or at Cafe One, Staying at the New York Renaissance Home is a truly memorable, fun and an historical experience of New York City. The owners pride themselves on taking excellent care of their guests and making them feel at home from the first moment they step into the home and until they leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The New York Renaissance Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.