I called into the Lufra Hotel for lunch on one of my day group tours to Port Arthur. Mate what a lovely lunch. This has to be one of the best group lunches that I have had whilst driving tour groups around Tassie. There was a real meal served. We had absolutely ample food on the plate and it was... More
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Eaglehawk Neck
- Eaglehawk Neck Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lufra Hotel, situated at Eaglehawk Neck, provides relaxed affordable accommodation close to Port Arthur and natural attractions. Australian aviation pioneer and tourism entrepreneur Sir Reginald Ansett is reputed to have described the Lufra Hotel as "the hotel with the best view in the world". No wonder there has been an accommodation house on the same site for more than 150 years. Nor was it a surprise when Sir Reg decided that he would make that view available to the growing number of tourists visiting Australia's island state. He built the present hotel in 1948. The current owners 60 yrs later have added 16 new Apartments. Just one hour from Hobart, The Lufra is ideally located as the base for you to enjoy many activities, sitting as it does at Eaglehawk Neck, the narrow isthmus which connects the Forestier and Tasman Peninsulas. Visit the Lufra and you'll share more than a stunning view because the area abounds in many attractions ? both natural and made-made - all within easy driving or walking distance. Make The Lufra your home away from home when visiting this beautiful historic area of Tasmania. Close to the hotel are several amazing rock formations and attractions - The Blowhole, Tasman Arch, the Devil's Kitchen and the Tessellated (or tiled) Pavement. You will be impressed by the drama of these geological wonders, sculpted by Mother Nature over millions of years. And, do you know that at nearly 400 metres the nearby sea cliffs are the highest in Australia? Off shore the sea generates the biggest surf in Australia while it is home to some of the best tuna in the world. You can find out more about catching tuna or other fabulous fish on the Peninsula here. A mere 15 minutes south by car the history of Tasmania's convict past comes alive at the former penal settlement of Port Arthur and other historical sites on the Tasman Peninsula. Nearby you can also indulge in sports and pastimes like surfing, fishing and bushwalking, or visit other nearby attractions like wildlife parks and wineries. The Lufra Hotel offers comfortable accommodation in a range of rooms. After a hectic day's touring and sightseeing, you can unwind with the superb view of Pirate's Bay and enjoy a drink before a hearty meal of local produce and Tasmanian wines. The Lufra is the ideal central location to stay for more than just one night. The Lufra has 27 en-suite rooms, all with heating, electric blanket, TV, clock radio, refrigerator, linen and tea/coffee making facilities. Other guest facilities and services include: infant cots, iron, high chair, public telephone and laundry. Our licensed restaurant is complemented by a games/recreation room, TV/lounge area with open fireplace, cafe/coffee shop and bar. Disabled access is through the front door, dining and lounge bar and individual rooms. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lufra Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.