How to express the joy my experiences at La Candela have brought me! I recently returned from my second visit there in two years, and I can tell you that this is a place I will return to again and again. If you value people, connections, history, literature, music, art, and beauty over freshly starched linens, then this is the... More
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria La Candela Hotel Isla Negra
- Hosteria La Candela Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostería La Candela is part of the Isla Negra’s history. It’s a Hotel-Restaurant that is more than 40 years old, and existed when Pablo Neruda lived in this town. In fact Pablo Neruda was a regular client and used the only telephone of the entire zone in that time. The movie Il Postino mentions and shows a recreation of the Hosteria. In fact the mailman falls in love with the Hosteria owner’s daughter.This old big house use to call Hosteria Santa Elena. Today and the last 20 years is La Candela, whose owners now are the well-known Chilean folk singer Charo Cofré, and her husband, Movie and TV Director that created many documentaries about Pablo Neruda, Hugo Arévalo.They both were friends of the poet and have many pictures and stories that you will be able to share in your visit to Hosteria La Candela.The Hotel has simple but cozy rooms, with new beds, and some of them with sea view and fireplace.The Restaurant specializes in Seafood and Local Fishes, being its specialties the Caldillo de Congrio, Copón Nerudiano and typical desserts like Leche Asada or Leche Nevada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hosteria La Candela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.