We choose the hotel because we wanted to go on the early morning cruise on the Yellow Water. We booked this on arrival and it was organised efficiently with transport to the boats and a buffet breakfast when we got back -and good birds to be seen! Our room was comfortable and clean.making it a pleasant stay. Nearby we visited... More
- Also Known As:
- Gagudju Lodge Cooinda Hotel
- Gagudju Lodge Cooinda Hotel Kakadu National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by Kakadu National Park at the gateway to the world famous Yellow Water Billabong, relax and re-energise in the air-conditioned comfort of your room. The indigenous owned Gagudju Lodge Cooinda offers easy access to Yellow Water Cruises, Warradjan Cultural Centre, Jim Jim Falls, Twin Falls, Nourlangie, bushwalks and boat entry and exit points for an exciting day of fishing. From our private airstrip take a charter plane for a spectacular birds eye view of Kakadu National Park. After a day of adventure or relaxing by our resort style pools, enjoy alfresco dining and drinks at Barra Bistro Bar or retire to your private courtyard for a spectacular sunset and natural beauty of the surrounding area. Gagudju Lodge Cooinda has 48 Lodge Rooms, 24 Budget Rooms, 106 powered and 300 unpowered camping sites. The property has a lagoon pool, picnic and bbq areas, general store, fuel station, tours desk, alfresco bistro and bar, enclosed restaurant, internet cafe, kids playground and conference facilities. All of Kakadu's tours can be booked at the central hub of Cooinda including the award winning Yellow Water Cruises - 2011 & 2009 NT Brolga Award Winner - Major Tourist Attraction, Gagudju Adventure 4x4 tours, Animal Tracks, Kakadu Air scenic flights, Murdudjurl Cultural Tours, Kakadu Culture Camp, Yellow Water Fishing Tours, Arnemlander tours and much more. Gagudju Lodge Cooinda is indigenous owned business including Yellow Water wetland cruises, Gagudju Adventure 4WD tours, cultural experiences and accommodation including Gagudju Lodge Cooinda and Gagudju Camping Cooinda. We have the largest collection of facilities catering to tourism in Kakadu and are focused on positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We have an active and ongoing 2010 NT Brolga Award Winning - Indigenous Employment Program where local Bininj trainees are developed, mentored and supported to have an active role in the tourism ventures. Gagudju Dreaming is owned by the local Traditional Owners in partnership with Indigenous Business Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Gagudju Lodge Cooinda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.