Stayed 2 nights as part of UK tour. Chef & staff are brilliant, beer is brilliant. Rooms are adequate, but hey ! it's a pub, the food is excellent and it's low cost accom in the centre of the Lake District. This is the only place on our tour I left a big tip as we left.
- Also Known As:
- The Travellers Rest Hotel
- The Travellers Rest Hotel Grasmere
- Travellers Rest Grasmere
- The Travellers Rest Inn Grasmere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot fo Helvellyn on the outskirts of the picturesque village fo Grasmere, The 16th century Travellers Rest Inn enjoys an idyllic setting in the heart of the Lake District National Park. The Travellers Rest offers an award winning restaurant with an extensive range of dished created from the finest local produce, a traditional bar lounge and delightful en-suite bedrooms with views of the surrounding fells. ... more less