We trace a route along the shores of San Francisco Bay, over the Golden Gate Bridge and through the picturesque towns of Marin Country ... more »to take you on a tour you'll never forget.
Beyond the attractions of San Francisco, you'll also get to experience the towns of Sausalito and Tiburon which are famed equally for their restaurants and shopping opportunities.
Pedal down long flat stretches of bike trail and admire the views across the wetlands, the towering mountain of Mount Tamalpais and the dramatic misty skyline of San Francisco.
We also detail a 4 mile side-trip inland to Mill Valley where you can get up close and personal with some large redwood trees and learn about the logging history of the town.
Bridge biking hours:
• Bikes have access to the bridge 24 hr/day!
• Weekdays east walkway open at all times except 3.30pm - 9pm when only the west walkway can be used.
• Weekends east walkway open at all times. West walkway is open between 5am and 9pm.
• Check the signs for seasonal adjustment of times.
• Late hour access on the east walkway uses a gate and remote buzzer system.
• Blue & Gold Fleet - (415) 705-8200.
• Weather can be variable in the San Francisco Bay, but even when the weather's foggy around the bridge its often gloriously sunny in the towns. Be sure to pack layers.
• Water fountains are available throughout the route, but bring a suitable container with you.
• Read the Blazing Saddles safety tips at the front of this guide. less «