This is a guide for driving to the top of Mount Spokane and for showing the various hiking trail heads along the road to the top. ... more » Please note, the road is open depending upon snow conditions. Some years it will open early June and might stay open through November. Check the State Park website for exact dates. Also, there are two snow gates, so you might be able to drive part of the way to the top - then walk the rest.
• Mount Spokane offers something for everyone throughout the year. Hiking is great for beginners to experts. Count on the mountain being around 15ºF cooler than the surrounding area in the summer time.
• There are a number of great picnic areas - Lower Loop Road Trail Head, Selkirk Lodge area, Bald Knob Campground area.
• If you have visitors in town or looking for a family outing, this is the place to head to.
• Mt. Spokane State Park requires a Washington State Parks Discover Pass ($30 annual or $10 single day use). WA State Parks no longer receive any of your tax dollars. Their operations are financed by user fees. Don't be a cheap skate, get a Discover Pass. There is a $99 fine for not having a Discover Pass.
• FYI - The Discover Pass is required even if you just drive your car or motorcycle to the top - you are still inflicting wear and tear on the road. less «
You have no recent hotel searches.